On the front end tourneyreg allows athletes, coaches, and officials to register for tournaments. On the back end tournament directors have access to how many are in each division, can control how the divisions are sorted, athletes per school, and much more. The goal is to just choose a sort option (ie, tourneyreg by default will sort athletes in each division so that they won't fight someone from the same school in the first bracket), then print the brackets the morning of the tournament.
Tourneyreg has been active for over 16 years now, and has extensive tools for running a tournament. All tools have been added on the suggestion of the tournament directors, and the programmer is a 6th Dan with tournament experience.
Just email the webmaster with your account name and he will turn you into a director account. Once a director you may create your own tournament. You may choose from our current list of divisions (AAU, WTF, DAEDO, NASTA) or upload your own.
Tourneyreg charges $2 per athlete, $1 per coach (when coaches are being charged). This way the fee scales with the size of the tournament.
Tourneyreg recommends using Stripe.com for payment processing, although some directors preferr paypal or their own payment portal.
Tourneyreg now uses Stripe Connect to collect fees as the athlete registers. If using Paypal or accepting checks, Tourneyreg will send an invoice at the end of the tournament
Tourneyreg staff have upwards of 40 years combine experience running tournaments. If you would like to hire us to run your tournament staging email the webmaster. Most people who hire us have larger tournaments with 700+ competitors and would rather let someone else run staging. We have experience running National events. Typically travel and lodging is paid for us, along with a stipend for actually running the staging.
- Assign athlete to ring. Keep track of time estimation for athlete: At ringside, competing
- Fight numbers. Know how many total fights there are, and estimate the time and ring for each fight
- Division Freezing: allow people to register day of until their division is frozen (ringside)
- Allow staging to call athletes using Text SMS
- Create streaming page for staging - Have a monitor that allows athletes to see who is staging and what divisions are at which ring
- Create a Ring login per tournament. Staging can assign a division to a ring, then the ring can pull up the division. Would love for tourneyreg to become paperless
Known Issues List:
- I will eventually remove the user name and you will be able to log in with your email - but until I do this users must use their User Name to login.
-------------------- New Features as of 11-8-2016 ---------------
- FIXED: When adding multiple athletes from the same account to multiple tournaments it only shows the rank of the first athlete
- Show total medals needed at current division count: Gold, Silver, Bronze
- Allow user to upload profile pictures
- New security implemented for password hashes and email verification
- Athletes may now remove their own divisions until payment has been processed.
- Drag and Drop implemented for fixing school lists, changing divisions, and sorting divisions.
- Autocomplete used for School. Allowing athletes to pick from a list or making a new school meant 10 variations of the same school name.
- Stripe integration for memberships and tournament payments
- Changed the way coupons are integrated for simplicity
- Integrated Truescore athlete membership - athletes may buy membership through tourneyreg
--------------------- Older Features ---------------------
- Payment Tracking
- Edit Athlete/Coach/Official Information
- Edit Event Information (weight, rank, gender, etc)
- Combine Divisions (bump athlete into a different division/bracket
- Tournament Pricing for early, normal, late for up to 5 divisions
- You may now upload your own division lists for bracketing rules
- Using another rules set for bracketing - you may now disable divisions not in use for the tournament
- Forced pricing for specific divisions (for example, Team Forms costs $20 extra on top of normal tournament cost)
- Bind alternative belt colors to divisions
- Customize Logo in Stripe integration
- Add miscellaneous fees like spectator fees
- Add Coupon management
- Choose whether or not assistants can view the payment area
- Allow assignment of assistant director to help with tournament backend
- Print All brackets or limit to Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Gender
- Print individual bracket divisions by Division ID
- Updated reporting of tournament results based on new AAU guidelines
- Allow individual bracket results to be entered
- Allow Landscape or Vertical brackets
- Allow printing of Athlete list or bracket per division
- Now print Brazilian Repechage brackets or normal
- Break divisions up into Sub Brackets (example: no more than 4 athlete per bracket)
- Print blank Forms, Sparring, Brazilian Repechage sheets
- Estimate medal count based on current athlete registration
- Stripe Automarks athletes/coaches as Paid
- Allow marking of athletes/coaches into or out of paid list
- Export athletes/coaches per school list
- Master export of athlete information
- View current division rules applied to tournament
- Division rules are now dynamic - you may add new division types to the tournament
- Master Reset - resort all athletes based on weight, age, gender, rank into new division rules
- Sort athletes into brackets by random, weight, or school